Repair or Replace Your Windows?
Do your windows need repair or replacement?
Windows bring in all of the natural lighting in your house. They also can allow the air in your home to escape, while drawing in the outside air if they are not in good condition. Most windows, if well maintained, last for at least 20 years.
When Is It Time To Replace?
Depending on the age of your windows, they may not be very energy efficient. Older homes were not built with energy efficient windows. Weather & climate can affect the life of windows. Some things to look for are:
- They are damaged, warped, or broken.
- This could be simple repairs like changing some panes, adding weather stripping, caulking around the windows, or replacing rotting sash or window frame.
- Fogging of the windows is also a sign that the seals are broken and the insulating gas between the window panes has escaped. If it is only a single pane, sometimes the pane can be replaced instead of a whole window.
- You want to save money on your energy bill.
- Energy efficient windows can save 10% – 25% on your current energy bills. There are many different price points, and also many different efficiencies. Do your homework to find the best product for you.
- You are remodeling and your windows look dated.
- There are a lot of new trends in the looks of homes and windows add to the curb appeal of the home. Multiple panes can make a home look older where large panes give it a more open, modern feel and look. There are also options of how they open to allow you to control the air flow in your home.
If your windows are over 20 years old, have been damaged by storms, or you see these signs, it is probably time to have them evaluated. If your home has storm windows, your windows will life will be longer than those without storm windows.
To find window replacement and repair experts in your area Click Here